Atletico Madrid Rumors & News

  • Manchester United transfer target Semih Kaya could be heading to Atletico Madrid

    Daily Mirror "Atletico Madrid are confident of tying up an £8million deal for Semih Kaya - but the Galatasaray defender would prefer a move to Manchester United. The Spanish club and United have both been watching the 23-year-old Turkey international centre-half, and Atletico's Miguel Angel Gil has flown to..." October 18

  • Griezmann confirms Arsenal bid: I needed Simeone, not Wenger, to help me improve

    Goal.com "Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann says that the chance to work with Diego Simeone helped him to decide to snub Arsenal this summer. After his form for Real Sociedad earned him a place in France's squad for World Cup 2014, the 23-year-old had attracted attention from several of Europe's..." October 15

  • Koke: Why I turned down big-money move to Manchester United

    Daily Star "The Spanish midfielder, 22, had a £48m release clause at Atletico that United pondered activating. Barcelona were also interested after impressing for his side in their La Liga-winning campaign. But despite several of the big Atletico stars leaving - Diego Costa and Filipe Luis both left to..." October 08

  • Andre Schurrle insists he is fully committed to Chelsea despite reported Atletico Madrid interest

    Daily Mirror "Andre Schurrle has warned teams intent on poaching him from Chelsea that he is fully committed to the Blues. Atletico Madrid declared an interest in the 23-year-old World Cup-winning German during the summer. They were impressed by his attitude despite not being an automatic starter under Jose..." September 27

  • Man Utd ready to include Juan Mata in deal to beat Chelsea to £24m defender Miranda

    The Express "United's deficiencies at the back so far this season have been well documented and Louis Van Gaal is expected to dip back into the transfer market this winter to strengthen his defence. There has been some suggestion that the Dutchman could use Michael Carrick as a makeshift centre-half after..." September 26

  • Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic to have surgery on broken nose

    Daily Mail "Atletico Madrid have reported that striker Mario Mandzukic broke his nose during Tuesday's 3-2 loss at Olympiacos in their Champions League Group A opener. The Spanish club said that the Croatian international will have surgery on this nose on Thursday. Mandzukic will almost certainly miss..." September 18

  • Champions League draw: Liverpool land Real Madrid, Man City get Bayern

    The Guardian "Manchester City have been drawn to face Bayern Munich for the third time in four years, and will also play CSKA Moscow and Roma in what presents the toughest draw for English clubs in the Champions League. However, Liverpool also face a tricky group and will play the current holders Real Madrid..." August 28

  • 61d
    Phil Kitromilides @PhilKitro

    CONFIRMED: 8 match ban for Diego Simeone, for hitting assistant ref, sarcastic clapping and directing from the stand in Spanish Super Cup

  • Marco Reus snubbed big money move to Manchester United, claims Atletico chief

    Daily Mail "Marco Reus turned down a lucrative move to Manchester United this summer, according to Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo. The La Liga champions have been linked with a move for the Borussia Dortmund forward but Cerezo claims that the 25-year-old was never an option - while revealing..." August 20

  • Tottenham Hotspur stalling over Roberto Soldado's loan move to Atletico Madrid

    The Telegraph "Atlético Madrid remain interested in Tottenham Hotspur striker Roberto Soldado, but face a battle to convince the White Hart Lane club to allow the Spaniard to leave on loan. It is understood Atlético Madrid would like to sign Soldado on loan for the season, with a view to a permanent..." August 09

  • Torres, Hernandez and Cazorla are NOT moving to Atletico Madrid says Spanish club's president

    Daily Mail "Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has ruled out making moves for Fernando Torres, Javier Hernandez or Santi Cazorla this summer. Chelsea's £50million striker has been linked with a return to his boyhood club while Diego Simeone has admitted he is keen on Manchester United poacher..." July 31

  • Atlético Madrid keen on Manchester United striker Javier Hernández

    The Guardian "Javier Hernández is unsure whether he will remain at Manchester United next year, but Atlético Madrid are willing to offer the Mexican an escape route from Old Trafford should he decide to leave. Hernández flew out to the United States to join the club’s pre-season tour but he has so far made..." July 31

  • Javier Hernandez earns praise from Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone

    Daily Mail "Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has heaped praise on Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, raising the prospect of the Mexico star heading to join the Spanish champions. Hernandez has been linked with a move away from Manchester United this summer following a disappointing campaign at..." July 30

  • Chelsea’s Fernando Torres caught in tug of war between Monaco and Atletico Madrid

    Metro "Monaco are believed to have joined Atletico Madrid in the battle for Chelsea’s Fernando Torres. The Spanish international in thought to be a target for his former club after they sold Diego Costa to Chelsea last week, but with talks seemingly not progressing between the two parties, Monaco are..." July 23

  • Javier Manquillo set for two-year Liverpool loan as Brendan Rodgers beats Arsenal to signature

    Daily Mirror "Liverpool are set to seal a two-year loan deal for Atletico Madrid right-back Javier Manquillo. The 20-year-old was heavily linked with a switch to Arsenal but the Reds have seemingly beaten them to his signature. There is also said to be an option included for a £6million permanent..." July 23

  • Blow for Chelsea! Midfield target extends Atletico Madrid contract

    talkSport "The 33-year-old, who played for the Blues under compatriot Jose Mourinho in the 2004-05 season, became a free agent in June and was reportedly prepared to move back to Stamford Bridge while entertaining various rival offers from around the world. But Tiago has instead committed to Atletico -..." July 22

  • Atletico Madrid struggle to raise cash to re-sign £20m Fernando Torres due to striker's wage demands

    Daily Mail "Atletico Madrid are struggling to finance a deal to bring Fernando Torres back to the club from Chelsea. The club's chief executive Miguel Angel Gil was in London at the weekend amid reports that he had offered £12.5million for the 30-year-old ex-Liverpool striker. However, Torres is..." July 21

  • Chelsea plotting a £20m bid for Atletico Madrid defender Joao Miranda

    Daily Star "The Blues asked about Miranda's availability during the final phase of negotiations for the transfer of Atletico full back Filipe Luis this week. And the two clubs will speak again next week about Brazilian Miranda, who played a key role in the Madrid side's La Liga triumph last..." July 19

  • Chelsea agree deal to sign Filipe Luis

    Give Me Sport "Chelsea have reached an agreement with Spanish champions Atletico Madrid to sign Brazilian left-back Filipe Luis, according to the club's official website. The Blues are believed to have matched Luis' release clause of around £20 million and will immediately begin discussing personal terms with..." July 18

  • Chelsea closing in on Filipe Luis transfer as £20million fee finally agreed for left-back

    Daily Mirror "Chelsea have confirmed they have agreed a deal for Atletico Madrid left-back Filipe Luis. The 28-year-old has long been linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge as a direct replacement for the outgoing Ashley Cole. And the move, subject to personal terms being agreed, now looks all but..." July 16

  • Diego Costa sets sights on silverware after completing £32million move to Chelsea

    Daily Mail "Diego Costa has set his sights on more silverware after completing his move to Chelsea. The Brazil-born striker helped Atletico Madrid clinch the La Liga title last season, while they were also beaten finalists in the Champions League. Jose Mourinho failed to win a trophy in his first season..." July 15

  • Filipe Luis closes in on £20million Chelsea move as talks with Atletico Madrid re-open

    Daily Mail "Chelsea have re-opened talks with Atletico Madrid over their move to sign Filipe Luis. The left-back is viewed as a priority signing by boss Jose Mourinho but the Blues have so far been frustrated in their attempts to sign Luis. The 28-year-old has a release clause, understood to be in the..." July 10

  • Arsenal and Chelsea miss out on Mario Mandzukic as he confirms Atletico Madrid switch

    Metro "Arsenal and Chelsea have missed out on a deal for summer transfer target Mario Mandzukic, after the striker joined Atletico Madrid from Bayern Munich. The London duo have both been linked with Mandzukic since it became clear he was looking for a move away from the Allianz Arena, but Atletico..." July 10

  • Mario Mandzukic will join Atletico Madrid, confirm Bayern Munich

    Sky Sports "Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer has confirmed that they have reached an agreement with Atletico Madrid over the transfer of Mario Mandzukic. The Croatia international forward had said earlier this summer that he was going to leave Bayern after two seasons at the Allianz..." July 09

  • Atletico Madrid looking to snap up Alvaro Negredo to replace Chelsea-bound Diego Costa

    Daily Star "Spanish champions Atletico are close to completing the sale of Diego Costa to Chelsea and want to use the money on a bid for Negredo. The Costa deal could even be announced today - paving the way for an official offer for Negredo. City striker Negredo enjoyed a successful start to his career..." July 01

  • Juanfran agrees new Atletico Madrid contract as team-mate Koke also signs extension

    Daily Mirror "Atletico Madrid have announced Juanfran and Koke have agreed new deals at the Vicente Calderon. Both players flourished last season, as Diego Simeone's men won La Liga and came within minutes of a historic Champions League triumph, and were rewarded with spots in Spain's World Cup..." June 25

  • Torres has no problem with Diego Costa signing for Chelsea

    Sky Sports "Chelsea striker Fernando Torres insists he would welcome the arrival of Spain team-mate Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge. Costa, 25, is set for a £32m transfer from Atletico Madrid, joining fellow Spaniard Cesc Fabregas in west London following his £30m move from Barcelona last week. The..." June 17

  • Atletico Madrid eyeing Man City's Negredo as Chelsea-bound Diego Costa's replacement

    Daily Star "Costa is set to quit Atletico for Stamford Bridge in a £32m deal this summer. With the transfer as good as done, the capital club are turning their attention to a replacement for their Brazilian-born Spanish striker as they look to repeat their surprise La Liga title win in the 2014-15..." June 17

  • Thibaut Courtois will return to Chelsea this summer

    The Guardian "José Mourinho has confirmed that Thibaut Courtois will return to Chelsea for pre-season, following his two-year loan spell at Atlético Madrid. “When the World Cup in Brazil is over, Courtois will be coming straight back to Stamford Bridge – end of story” the Portuguese told Marca. The..." June 15

  • Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho expects to sign Diego Costa

    Sky Sports "Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is confident Diego Costa's transfer to Stamford Bridge from Atletico Madrid will be completed soon. The striker has already had a medical with the Premier League side and is expected to join from the Spanish champions for a fee of around £30million. Spain striker..." June 15

  • Courtois coy over Chelsea future and focused on World Cup

    Sky Sports "Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has refused to speculate on his future after rumours he could join his national team-mate Eden Hazard and return to Chelsea next season. Courtois has spent the past three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid from Chelsea, making 111 appearances for the..." June 14

  • Chelsea ready to SELL Petr Cech as they look to welcome Thibaut Courtois back

    The Express "Cech, 32, has been a key player since joining Chelsea from Rennes in 2004, making 479 appearances for the west London outfit, and is a target for oil-rich Ligue 1 champions Paris St-Germain. However, his time at the Bridge could be up as Mourinho looks to work Courtois into his first-team..." June 12

  • Arsenal target Carlos Vela tells Real Sociedad he has an 'irresistible' offer from Atletico Madrid

    Daily Mirror "Carlos Vela has told Real Sociedad he has received an "irresistible" offer from Atletico Madrid, according to Spanish newspaper Marca. The 25-year-old has been linked with a return to Arsenal this summer, having been on the books for seven years before being sold to Sociedad in 2012. The..." June 06

  • Mourinho gets his man as Diego Costa passes Chelsea medical

    The Express "The Atletico Madrid striker has agreed personal terms and Chelsea have met the buy-out clause in the striker's contract. The only delay has been because of the hamstring injury suffered by the Spain international at the end of the season. But he is back in training with his country and..." June 05

  • Thibaut Courtois set for Chelsea return as Atletico Madrid bring in new keeper

    The Express "Moya's arrival paves the way for Thibaut Courtois to return to Chelsea after three seasons on loan in Madrid. Atletico say Moya has agreed a three-year deal with just a medical left to sort. Courtois has been public in admitting his future is uncertain, but with the La Liga side bringing in..." June 04

  • Chelsea's Diego Costa transfer could be confirmed by the end of the week

    Daily Mirror "Diego Costa could be confirmed as a £35million Chelsea signing by the end of this week. Atletico Madrid striker Costa has returned to training with Spain's national team ahead of the World Cup. That will clear the path for the west Londoners to complete a medical which has been held up by..." June 03

  • Chelsea ‘battle Barcelona’ for Atletico Madrid’s Koke

    Metro "The Blues, who are already said to be targeting Atletico trio Diego Costa, Felipe Luis and Tiago, are ready to challenge Barca for midfielder Koke according to Sky. Barcelona want the 22-year-old as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who looks set to be on his way out of the Nou Camp this summer..." June 03

  • David Villa is NYC FC's first signing

    ESPN FC "Major League Soccer's fledgling franchise, New York City FC, on Monday confirmed they have signed Spain international and former Atletico Madrid forward David Villa for three years as their first franchise player. Villa last week confirmed was leaving Atletico Madrid for "an offer that couldn't..." June 02

  • Atletico Madrid reject £9million approach for right-back Juanfran

    Daily Mirror "Arsene has been knocked back in a new approach for Atletico Madrid right-back Juanfran. Arsenal boss Wenger targeted the 29-year-old last summer and made fresh enquiries to try and make him Bacary Sagna's replacement. Sagna is set to join Manchester City on a free. Spanish international..." May 30

  • Atletico Madrid want Man City's Alvaro Negredo to replace Chelsea-bound Diego Costa

    Daily Mirror "Alvaro Negredo is a summer target for Atletico Madrid. The Spanish club want the Manchester City striker to replace Diego Costa who is poised to join Chelsea. City striker Negredo was a huge success in the first half of last season but lost his place towards the end. Atletico, who have..." May 30

  • Spurs to sell Roberto Soldado to Atletico Madrid to fund deals for Loic Remy and Jay Rodriguez

    The Independent "Atletico Madrid want to sign Roberto Soldado from Tottenham to replace Chelsea target Diego Costa. Soldado has failed to impress at White Hart Lane since signing in a deal worth up to £26m from Valencia last summer, scoring only six Premier League goals. The striker is understood to be keen..." May 30

  • Spurs set to sell Roberto Soldado to Atletico Madrid

    The Independent "Atletico Madrid want to sign Roberto Soldado from Tottenham to replace Chelsea target Diego Costa. Soldado has failed to impress at White Hart Lane since signing in a deal worth up to £26m from Valencia last summer, scoring only six Premier League goals. The striker is understood to be keen..." May 29

  • Chelsea agree free transfer for Atletico Madrid's Tiago

    Daily Mail "Chelsea have agreed a surprise deal to bring back Portuguese midfielder Tiago. The 33-year-old has starred for Atletico Madrid in this past season, culminating in the Spanish league title and defeat in the Champions League final to Real Madrid, yet he is out of contract. Jose Mourinho has..." May 28

  • Atlético Madrid agree to sign Angel Correa from San Lorenzo

    The Guardian "Atlético Madrid have agreed to sign the teenage forward Angel Correa from San Lorenzo in his native Argentina on a five-year contract, pending a medical. “Our club has reached agreement with San Lorenzo on the transfer of the young Argentine talent,” Atlético, the Spanish champions, said in a..." May 28

  • Diego Costa out for 15 days in danger of missing World Cup

    ESPN FC "Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque has indicated that there are major doubts over Diego Costa's participation in the World Cup, but said Fernando Torres was well placed to make the final squad. Brazil-born striker Costa had seemed certain to be named, but his recent hamstring problems continued..." May 26

  • Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone faces lengthy touchline ban after bust-up with Raphael Varane

    Daily Mirror "Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone faces a touchline ban for the whole of next season’s Champions League group phase after his astonishing Lisbon blow-up. The Argentine hard man had confronted Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers for allowing too many additional minutes, both at the end of normal time..." May 26

  • Chelsea agree deal to sign Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa

    Sky Sports "Chelsea have agreed a £32m deal with Atletico Madrid for striker Diego Costa, according to Sky sources. Costa, who has played a starring role in the Spanish club's run towards a possible La Liga/Champions League double, has long been linked with a move to London, with Jose Mourinho desperate to..." May 13

  • Barca told to pay £16m for Atletico defender

    Football Direct News "Barcelona have become buoyed after a report in Sport that claims Miranda could leave Atletico Madrid for as little as £16m. The Brazilian defender has been in superb form this season for Diego Simeone's Atletico Madrid this season, helping them reach the Champions League final and push Real..." May 09

  • Diego offered to Arsenal as the Gunners

    Daily Mail "Arsenal have been offered Atletico Madrid midfielder Diego.The Brazilian playmaker is out of contract this summer and will have the choice of several top clubs in Europe. He is not Arsenal's priority but could prove a very useful squad player if Arsene Wenger pursues the deal. Diego, who..." May 08

  • Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa says he knows offers have been made for him

    Sky Sports "Atletico Madrid ace Diego Costa has claimed he is aware that a number of offers have been made for his services. Costa has been strongly linked with a possible move to Chelsea this summer with Jose Mourinho reported to have made the Brazilian-born forward his top summer transfer..." May 01

Soccer Forum Top 5

  1. Official Match Day Thread VI
    Last post: dazz
  2. Too many forums
    Last post: TrueFan420