With Carlos Quentin headed to the disabled list, Dayan Viciedo will make his long-awaited 2011 debut with the White Sox on Saturday.

It’s a move that made manager Ozzie Guillen, tongue-in-cheek, raise his arms in triumph while talking to reporters in the visitors’ dugout ­before the Sox’ 4-2 victory over the Seattle Mariners.

“Now he’s coming in town!’’ Guillen said, holding back laughter. “We’re in the pennant race.’’

Despite not having a major-league at-bat this season, Viciedo has generated oodles of online hits, tweets and talk-show rants while tearing it up at Class AAA Charlotte. He also has earned rave reviews from Sox Jake Peavy and Tyler Flowers and former Sox Mark Teahen, who watched him firsthand during their time with Charlotte. But Viciedo has been forced to wait to move up ­because the Sox haven’t been able to fit him on the 25-man roster without making an unconventional roster move.

Until right fielder Quentin’s move to the DL, that is. Unfortunately for the Sox, Quentin has been their second-most productive hitter besides Paul Konerko. Like Konerko, Quentin went to the All-Star Game.

“Yeah, my body felt good,’’ said a disappointed Quentin, who was winning his annual battle to stay healthy for a full season before he sprained the AC joint in his left shoulder in right field last Saturday. “I felt good in the outfield. I was playing good defense, better than I had been. I was moving well.’’