New Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu says the club are considering taking legal action against whoever first leaked the details of Neymar’s transfer and contract into the public domain.

The deal that brought the Brazilian attacker to the Camp Nou last summer is now the subject of a court investigation in Madrid into possible “diversion” of money, with Sandro Rosell resigning as Barca chief in the wake of the complaint.

Rosell and other Barca figures had long maintained that Neymar had cost just 57 million euros, while a confidentiality agreement with Neymar Sr. precluded them from revealing any further details.

In recent weeks, though, El Mundo and other media outlets in Madrid and Barcelona attained both court documents and details of the player’s contract, leading Bartomeu and director Raul Sanllehi to announce that a total of 86.2 million euros had been paid to the player’s father and his former club Santos in a variety of different ways.

Bartomeu told Mundo Deportivo that he had instructed Barca’s lawyers to see if they should take a case against those responsible for publicising previously private details.

“About the leaks to the press of Neymar’s contract, we already have certain evidence that it did not come from here but from Madrid,” he said. “I have told our lawyers to follow the subject, and if there is anything, to lodge a complaint. We will get to the bottom of it, whether it is a person, a group, a legal practice or a media publication that has published false figures.”

El Mundo said on Tuesday that its sources inside the court said the Spanish tax authorities could view the extras that went to the agency run by Neymar Sr. as salary, and demand the appropriate income tax, which -- the report claims -- could cost Barca a total of 63 million euros.