For the Spurs, The Big Apple had to wait.

With blizzard-like conditions in New York City overnight Friday grounding air travel throughout the Northeast, the team’s charter flight out of Detroit — originally scheduled to leave after their game against the Pistons — was postponed until sometime today.

Weather permitting, the Spurs resume their rodeo road trip Sunday night in Brooklyn against the Nets. When they can finally get there is up to Mother Nature.

“We were planning on flying in there tonight,” coach Gregg Popovich said after Friday’s 119-109 loss at The Palace. “Obviously, that got canceled. We’ve got to find out what the situation is tomorrow, if we can get there or not.”

With the weather in New York deteriorating throughout the afternoon — forecasts were calling for as much as a foot of snow in Manhattan — the team made the call early in the day Friday to spend an extra night in the Detroit suburbs.

Spurs’ officials will continue to monitor the situation today to help determine when the team can finally continue their road trip. As of Friday night, there was no indication that the storm would affect the Spurs’ first appearance at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Sunday.

Spurs guard Danny Green, who grew up on Long Island, said he’d heard reports of nasty weather conditions from friends and family back home.

“I heard it’s really bad,” Green said. “There’s a reason we’re staying here tonight.”