The Lions found their speedy running back and added a bit of a celebrity in the process.
Reggie Bush agreed to a four-year deal with the Lions on Wednesday after spending hours at the team facility in Allen Park. Terms have yet to be disclosed.
"I think we have a chance to make a Super Bowl run," Lions receiver Nate Burleson said after the signing. "He's a game-changer. … I'm glad we locked him down."
Although Bush has had ups and downs during his seven NFL seasons, he is undoubtedly one of the biggest stars to ever sign with the Lions. Bush's celebrity status will likely draw fans who ditched season tickets after last year's 4-12 finish, and his presence immediately raises expectations for the team.
"I'm excited," Burleson said. "I tell people all the time, it's not about how big a splash you make in free agency. It's about the fit, and we made both."
Bush spent last two seasons with Miami and ran for 986 yards and six touchdowns in 2012. The former Heisman Trophy winner was drafted No. 2 overall by New Orleans in 2006.
Although he has only eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards once (2011) in his NFL career, Bush possesses the breakaway speed the Lions have missed since losing Jahvid Best to concussion symptoms.
The Lions reportedly offered Bush a chance to start over Mikel Leshoure, which helped seal the deal.
From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130313/SPORTS0101/303130422#ixzz2NRxXED4N
Running back Reggie Bush, Lions agree to four-year deal
Detroit News | Mar 13