Brad Richards does not know his fate for next season.

“I would love to be back but I haven’t been told anything,” Richards, who faces the possibility of becoming an amnesty buyout, told The Post in an email yesterday. “That’s the truth.”

There had been a report on Twitter that the 33-year-old center told his caddie — during a Sunday round of golf with Mark Messier — he knew he would be back in New York next season.

“I probably said I would love to be back, but I have no clue,” Richards said. “Mark and I never talked about it.”

The amnesty buyout window will be open from 48 hours after the Stanley Cup final concludes through July 4.

General manager Glen Sather told The Post on Wednesday he has reached a decision on the issue but declined to reveal it, perhaps simply to maintain his options.

If the Rangers do not amnesty Richards — a healthy scratch for the final two games of the team’s second-round playoff defeat after previously having been demoted to the fourth line — they would have one more opportunity to do so after next season.

Richards’ contract has seven years remaining at an annual $6.67 million cap charge. The Rangers would face substantial cap-recapture penalties if Richards — who has a no-move clause — were to retire prior to the end of his deal.

The Post has been reporting over the past three weeks the change in coaches from John Tortorella to Alain Vigneault would more likely than not give Richards a reprieve following a poor 2012-13 season.