Carmelo Anthony arrived in Houston yesterday, and a league source said the NBA has been told the Knicks’ injured superstar is expecting to play in Sunday’s All-Star Game.

Anthony injured his right biceps during Wednesday’s 92-88 loss to Toronto during which he shot just 5-of-24. Anthony said he was bothered by the injury, though he finished the game and took 10 shots in the fourth quarter.

An NBA bylaw stipulates if a player shows up for the All-Star Game and does not play, the league has the power to forbid the player from competing in the next game after the break. That is designed as a deterrent to players who exaggerate injuries to get out of the game.

Anthony, who was voted to start in the Eastern Conference frontcourt with LeBron James and adversary Kevin Garnett, called the injury a “contusion.’’ At an All-Star fan event yesterday, Anthony took shots and dribbled without noticeable discomfort or arm wrapping. He did not field questions from the media.

“I’ll see and take it day by day,’’ Anthony said Wednesday. “I’m not going to force it. As bad as you want to play the All-Star Game, if I can’t go, I can’t go.’’

Earlier this week, Anthony sounded eager to reunite with some of his United States Olympics teammates, specifically buddies James and Chris Paul.

“It’ll be fun,” Anthony said. “We hung out this summer, had a good time this summer. Coming back for All-Star weekend, that will be fun.’’

Anthony’s wife, La La, also is in Houston, hosting various events.