Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo said he did not continue to request a trade away from the team when he met with general manager Mike Gillis this summer.

"Not in July no" Luongo told TSN in an interview released Saturday. "Obviously at that point there was not many ways to go about it and we just had a chat about the future of the team and myself and all that kind of stuff and we'll see where that goes."

Luongo was visited in Florida by Gillis after the June 30 trade that sent Cory Schneider to the New Jersey Devils and reinstated Luongo as Vancouver's No. 1 goalie.

Luongo had been on the market for more than a year and thought the team would part with him not Schneider. In the first portion of the interview with James Duthie shown Friday on "SportsCentre" Luongo said he explored having his contract with the Canucks voided and walking away from about $40 million remaining on it.

Saturday he told Duthie he has no bitterness toward Gillis or owner Francesco Aquilini.

"Not at all" Luongo said. "I think ... they're doing their jobs and I'm doing mine. I mean that's the business. And I've got nothing personal against Mike or Mr. Auqilini.

"Like Mike said when he came down here to visit me in July we had a meeting and we talked and we were professional about it. We did laugh and [were] courteous. That's the way I like to conduct business. I don't see it any other way than that."

Luongo said he felt more fortunate than Schneider who finds himself in a new platoon with Devils goalie Martin Brodeur.

"In a way I'm kind of lucky because I get to start and play which is all you can ask for at this point" Luongo said. "With Marty there obviously [Cory's] probably going to have to share the net which kind of [stinks] for a guy like [Schneider] who's ready to be a superstar in this League."

Luongo said expressing humor on Twitter as @Strombone1 helped him deal with the speculation and ultimate result.