The Super Bowl Host Committee will decide by Friday whether to pursue a bid for Super Bowl LII in 2018 and so far sees nothing that would deter Indianapolis from trying for a repeat performance.

“No red flags at this point” said Allison Melangton president of the Indiana Sports Corp and a leader of the host committee.

In an exclusive interview with The Indianapolis Star Melangton and Scott Dorsey chairman of the sports corporation said they will apply only if they think they can win the bid.

“We’re doing a lot of homework” she said. “The decision to move forward is not to be made lightly.”

Mayor Greg Ballard appears confident the city can succeed with another Super Bowl bid particularly given the positive reviews it received for hosting the event in 2012. Reached by phone Ballard spokesman Marc Lotter echoed the Indiana Sports Corp.’s sentiment that “no red flags” had emerged.

“Mayor Ballard is confident that should the city decide to bid we would be an excellent host for the 2018 Super Bowl” Lotter said.

The next four Super Bowl cities already are determined. New Jersey will host the event next year followed by Phoenix; Santa Clara Calif.; and Houston.

The NFL’s deadline for potential host cities to submit a letter of intent for the 2018 Super Bowl is midnight Friday. The NFL would reveal a short list of finalists by October. The winner would be announced in May.

Minnesota and Atlanta could complicate matters for an Indianapolis bid because those cities will soon open new stadiums.

Minnesota’s new Viking Stadium will open in 2016 but team owner Zygmunt “Zygi” Wilf’s chances may have been hurt earlier this month when a judge found in a civil suit filed by business partners that Wilf committed fraud breach of contract a breach of fiduciary duty and violated the state’s civil racketeering statute.

Atlanta’s stadium is scheduled to open in 2017 with only a year to prepare for Super Bowl LII.

Other potential bidders for the 2018 game are New Orleans Denver and South Florida.