Frank Francisco made his closing argument yesterday. This is an open and shut case.

“I am the closer,’’ Francisco told The Post at the Mets spring-training complex.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Remember, Frank Francisco is no chicken. Last June he stirred the pot just before the Subway Series, telling the Post’s Mike Puma he was looking forward to taking on the Yankees, saying: “I can’t wait to face those chickens.”

As for GM Sandy Alderson’s recent resistance to name Francisco the club’s 2013 closer, the right-hander smiled and said he does not read news reports about the team.

Instead, he offered his own succinct report: “I’m going to let it roll,’’ he said. “I will be the closer. That’s my mentality.’’

Francisco, who is in the final year of his contract, owns 67 saves over the last four seasons and is confident he will get more.

Manager Terry Collins has no doubts, either.

“He is the closer,’’ Collins said.

Collins had just made a dash across the complex to meet with Francisco in the minor league clubhouse. Collins was thrilled with the results of their talk.

“We saw last year when he is right, he is good,’’ Collins said. “I think he looks good. He is in the right frame of mind.’’

Francisco, coming off December surgery to remove a bone spur in his right elbow, drove up from Miami to check-in with the Mets training staff.

“I just wanted to make sure we are all on the same page with the trainer and staff,’’ Francisco said.

After his talk with Collins, Francisco threw for 15 minutes in the outfield. He has a ways to go before he is ready to pitch off the mound but feels he is making steady progress following a Dec. 18 elbow clean-out.

“I feel better,” he said after the workout. “I am going to be ready to go.’’