Former NFL star Darren Sharper pleaded not guilty Thursday to allegations that he drugged and raped two women in Los Angeles in an ongoing investigation that includes at least five other alleged victims in three other states.

Sharper, 38, was charged last week with seven rape and drug counts involving four women he allegedly met at a West Hollywood nightclub. Court documents filed Friday revealed additional allegations in Las Vegas, New Orleans and Tempe, Ariz., that are all still under investigation.

Prosecutors said in court Thursday that a new allegation against Sharper was being investigated in New Orleans, and Miami police are investigating one there.

Bail for the former New Orleans Saints safety was increased from $200,000 to $1 million and the judge ordered him to post bond Thursday before leaving court.

Previously, he had been ordered to surrender his passport, stay in Los Angeles and and avoid the West Hollywood nightclub.
If convicted of the charges, Sharper would face more than 30 years in prison, prosecutors said.

His attorneys said last week that Sharper is not guilty.

"We look forward to the true facts being revealed in this case, and we are hopeful that Mr. Sharper will be fully exonerated before this case is concluded," attorney Blair Berk said outside the courtroom.
Court documents laid out a series of allegations against Sharper that occurred between Sept. 22 and Jan. 15. Women reported meeting Sharper — usually at a nightclub — then going back to his hotel room or another location. The women, who were often in pairs, said Sharper then gave them shots of alcohol that caused them to black out.