Apparently, A-Rod isn’t the only four-letter word in the Bronx these days.

The controversial slugger ignited another Yankee firestorm Tuesday, firing off a tweet that resulted in GM Brian Cashman dropping an F-bomb on his highest-paid star.

“You know what? When the Yankees want to announce something, (we will),” Cashman told ESPN New York. “Alex should just shut the f--- up. That’s it. I’m going to call Alex now.”

Cashman was reacting to A-Rod proclaiming via Twitter that he had received medical clearance from his hip surgeon to play in rehab games. The controversial third baseman has been rehabbing in Tampa all season as he recovers from left hip surgery.

“Visit from Dr. (Bryan) Kelly over the weekend, who gave me the best news — the green light to play games again!” read the tweet on A-Rod’s official account.

The Daily News reported Sunday that Rodriguez had been cleared to begin a rehab assignment on July 1 —provided the Yankees decided he was ready to do so — apparently kicking off the firestorm.

A source close to the player told The News “he has been told by the medical staff in Tampa that he can begin playing in games on July 1. He is so excited to get into games. He wants to prove something to himself.”

There has been no end to the Rodriguez aggravation this year for the Yankees. He is the biggest name embroiled in Major League Baseball’s investigation of the now-shuttered Biogenesis anti-aging clinic in Miami, which is suspected of distributing performance-enhancing drugs to a number of players including former NL MVP Ryan Braun.

The Miami New Times published documents from the clinic’s records that showed Rodriguez’s name several times, along with those of many other major and minor league players.

MLB investigators have interviewed Anthony Bosch, who was the director of the clinic and who the Daily News reported approached Rodriguez for financial assistance before making a deal with MLB for his accounts of Biogenesis’ business.

MLB is seeking enough evidence to issue player suspensions, including one of Rodriguez and Yankee catcher Francisco Cervelli, whose name also appeared in the published documents. Those suspensions will surely be challenged by the MLB Players Association. “Nobody is assuming that anybody is getting suspended. Nobody is assuming that there are any findings,” Yankees president Randy Levine said Tuesday afternoon. “We’re in America and the last I looked, everyone is innocent until evidence is presented against them.”

But Levine acknowledged that a possible suspension looms while answering a question about whether the Yankees could be in the market at the trading deadline for a player signed beyond this season. The Yankees want to keep their 2014 payroll under the new luxury-tax threshold of $189 million.