The prosecution dropped a bombshell during a hearing in the sexual assault case against former basketball star Mateen Cleaves today: There may be another person willing to come forward.

Genesee County Special Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey said during a court hearing that her office received information that there is a second victim and asked for the opportunity to revisit bond at Cleaves' June 28 preliminary examination, when a video tied to the case is expected to be played in court.

Cleaves, 38, is accused of sexually assaulting a 24-year-old woman in a motel near Flint last year and has been charged with multiple felonies. He maintains his innocence in the case.

While Cleaves was in the courthouse in Flint today, he did not appear in the courtroom during a probable cause conference.

Cleaves’ attorney, Frank Manley, said after the hearing that he was “unmoved” by the allegation that there may be another victim, calling it a “pattern of trying to smear Mr. Cleaves without any evidence.”

“I call it a stink bomb, not a bombshell,” he said about the allegation brought up in 67th District Court by the prosecution, adding, “We were not given a head's up.”

Cleaves, who led the Michigan State Spartans in 2000 to the NCAA championship, is accused of taking a woman he met at a golf outing to a motel in Mundy Township on Sept. 15 and keeping her against her will. The incident allegedly took place after the two had drinks with others at a bar.