Right-handed pitcher Mark Appel the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s First-Year Player Draft will likely make two more starts at Class A Quad Cities and then be shut down for the reason of the season including the playoffs Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said Tuesday.

Appel who was roughed up in his last outing has thrown a combined 134 1/3 innings this year when you take into account his senior year at Stanford and his professional workload. He’s scheduled to throw again Monday for Quad Cities at home. The Astros had previously left open the idea of promoting Appel to Double-A Corpus Christi at some point.

“He didn’t say this but he’s probably getting fatigued with the workload this year and all the intensity of being the first pick of the Draft and the expectations” Luhnow said.