There already could be buyer’s remorse. Yet even with the disaster the Mets’ 2013 season had become, David Wright insisted yesterday he has no regrets about giving the organization a long-term commitment.

“Zero,” Wright said.

The Mets, whose game Friday night against the Braves was suspended because of rain at 5-5 entering the ninth inning, have a miserable 17-27 record, their .386 winning percentage ahead of just the Astros and Marlins. Just as important — and disappointing — a slew of key youngsters the organization needs for the future are struggling.

Maybe Wright eventually will change his tune, or maybe as the Mets captain and a loyal soldier, he simply is choosing to publicly handle the mess by declaring his trust in the organization. Wright was sold on the Mets’ future by general manager Sandy Alderson before signing his eight-year $138 million contract this winter, and he says he still trusts the GM’s design.

“I’m disappointed in our performance so far,” Wright told The Post. “As far as specifically what Sandy and I talked about and I guess the plan moving forward, a big part of that plan is pieces we have in the higher minor leagues.

“I’m disappointed in our performance as a team. I’m not disappointed in [what] I believe what the plan is going forward and what I believe this organization is capable of doing in the near future.”

Ike Davis has been a catastrophe, Ruben Tejada has struggled, Jonathon Niese is having a tough season, Dillon Gee has regressed and Triple-A catcher Travis d’Arnaud is injured.

To top it off, Johan Santana is out for the year, preventing the Mets from getting anything for him in a deadline trade.